Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:21:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        whitehat@home.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: total lag

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Christopher Michaels wrote:
> Why does he need a dedicated /var partition?  This has been debated many
> times, and it'd be much simpler for him to just make a /usr/var and symlink
> /var to that.

	Come to think of it, there's no reason that he can't do that.
Unix is funny like that... it tends to have 20 ways to solve any problem.
I just didn't think of this.  Personally, I like having it as a seperate
partition because it prevents a run-away mysql daemon or syslogd from
filling the partition which contains nearly everything.  (I also tend to
have /tmp and /home partitions for this reason.)

						Jaime