Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:26:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Borkowsky <jcborkow@tcpns.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setreuid changes from FreeBSD 4.5 to 4.6.2?

I have two FreeBSD boxes, one that is up and running FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and
the second that is running 4.6.2-RELEASE, which I just brought up. I have
sendmail running fine on the 4.5-RELEASE box, and brought all the files and
directories over to the 4.6.2-RELEASE box. All configuration and directory
permissions are identical on both boxes. However, sendmail works fine on
4.5-RELEASE but I keep getting a setreuid on the 4.6.2-RELEASE box when
running sendmail:

setreuid(0, 1000): Operation not permitted (r=0, e=3)

Does anyone know if there have been any setreuid changes from 4.5 to 4.6
that would cause this?