Date:      Fri, 01 Jan 1999 11:46:40 -0500
From:      Marc Andre Paquin <map@interresa.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD tree and backups

Hello! Happy holidays!!!

2 questions about backups:

1) With the default setup of the 3 partitions of FreeBSD (/usr , /var ,
the rest)
is it a good idea to backup only data files (on a web server). I am used
to make a full backup every time on a tape a work. But at home, I can't
afford a tape backup a doing a full bk means more than a 1.2 Gig ! It
seems to me that data is every where and I risk to loose data...

2) this leads to my second question: What are my options for a good and
AFFORDABLE backup that would be used with FreeBSD AND Win95 since my HD
is split with 2 OS. Does Imation LS120 compatible with FBSD?

It seems like the only solution is to have a second HD with 2 partitions
(DOS and BSD) and a sliding tray to remove the device. That way, with a
5Gig HD, I would be able to backup FreeBSD in Full mode.

Do you have suggestions on this matter?
--
Marc Andre Paquin, Dir. IT

www.interresa.ca