Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:47:19 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        "Sm@zZ" <smazz@twcny.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: FreeBSD Install question

Tuesday, October 22, 2002, 12:56:29 AM, you wrote:

> I haven't done FreeBSD installs on a laptop before, but you may be able to
> use kern.flp and mfsroot.flp to boot the installer and do a network
> install if you have a supported NIC card.

> Good luck,

>  - Mike

>> I have an older laptop that doesn't have a bootable CD-ROM. The bay
>> either holds a CD Module or a Floppy module so I can't boot off the
>> floppies and install from the CD-ROM.
>>
>> I have installed a small DOS partition and can access my FreeBSD CD-ROM,
>> is there any way to invoke the install from within DOS. (RedHat has a
>> batch file on the CD-ROM that allows the installer to launch, is there
>> anything I can use to do this for FreeBSD?)
>>
>> Is it possible to boot off the floppies, switch out the Floppy module
>> for the CD module and then use the CD?
>>
>> Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rich B

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

Dear Mike,

You can also use the CDrom as a source.

If you got the CDrom's

You can also do start from the two floppies and use the cdrom as a
source for the rest. You find the floppy images and a tool to make
them(under DOS/Win) on the CD it self.

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

How to get the best results from FreeBSD-Questions
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html