Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 16:14:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@ice.42.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/38696: libwmf port configure failure (with workaround)

>Number:         38696
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       libwmf port configure failure (with workaround)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD ice 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #10: Tue Jan 29 13:21:53 CET 2002 root@ice:/usr/export/obj/usr/export/src/sys/ICE i386

Have the ksh port installed, and try to install libwmf

ksh93-20020317      Official AT&T release of KornShell 93

Building the libwmf port fails in configure. configure is unable to find
xml2-config and freetype-config:

checking expat.h usability... no
checking expat.h presence... no
checking for expat.h... no
checking for xml2-config... no
configure: error: * * * unable to find xml2-config; unable to continue - check ftp://xmlsoft.org/ * * *
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

I have tracked this problem down to configure exec'ing itself with
"/usr/local/bin/ksh" as shell.

(call configure as "sh -x configure" and see:
[...]
+ test -z /usr/local/bin
+ CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/ksh
+ export CONFIG_SHELL
+ exec /usr/local/bin/ksh configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
[...])

>How-To-Repeat:

install the ksh93 port, then try to build the libwmf port

>Fix:

My workaround was to "chmod a-x /usr/local/bin/ksh93", then install libwmf,
then "chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/ksh93" again.

As that configure script is (as usual) an big ugly unreadable mess, I have
no idea what actually is at fault here.