Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:40:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Something strange with top, truss, and termcap

I'm having something strange happen on a -stable system that was built
(world and kernel) on 11/13.

I'm playing around with Eterm, and have created an eterm terminal
description that I put in ~/.termcap.  This seems to work just fine for
everything (jove, vi, etc) except top, which says
"top: can't open termcap file".

I thought I'd use truss to find out more precisely what was going on, but
it gives me no output at all.  "truss -o truss.top top" runs top just fine,
but truss.top is empty.  "truss -o truss.ls ls" works like it should.

Comments?

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \