Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:28:15 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        <jre@globalnet.co.uk>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: home pc use

John writes:

> I see a fair amount of unecessary duplication in
> your list. For example, why would you have Photoshop
> as well as Paint Shop Pro installed?

I assume that you don't do much graphics work.  I have Notepad and Word
installed, too.

> Why have both Postscript and TT fonts?

Many fonts are available in only one of the two formats.

> Professional graphics people would use Postscript
> every time.

They can use either format, although many of them are superstitious about
TrueType fonts.

> You have a fabulous collection of browsers. I
> just can't imagine using that many personally.

When you build Web sites for money, you have to test them, and using more than
one browser to do so is only prudent.  If you examine my Web site, you'll see
that it is just as easy to navigate in Lynx as it is in Internet Explorer.