Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 07:07:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Kletsky <root@wagsky.com>
To:        Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which pccard network card?

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Michael Haro wrote:

> Hi, I'm planning on buying a laptop soon and I was wondering
> which pccard (type 2) network card I should buy.  I'm probably
> just going to stick with 10mbit due to cost, but if 100mbit
> isn't much more expensive then I'll probably do that.  What
> cards does FreeBSD support well?

I've had good luck with the LinkSys 100Base/T card -- about $75.  Cheap
and functional (so I don't need dual-speed hubs here).  Speed?  Who knows,
but I'm not planning to use my notebook as a server ;-)

You will need the patches by Asami to get if_ed.c to recognize the card.

> Think I should install PAO on my laptop when I get it?

Now we're getting into "religion" -- I'll just say that 3.1-STABLE works
just fine for my needs...

Jeff