Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 00:03:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PnP support

> > You *really*really* should look at the NetBSD extent manager.  It
> > already allows for creation and deletion of extents, and basically all
> > the minimal stuff you expect.
>
> ok.. I'll take a look at it... it's nice that freefall has a copy of
> the NetBSD tree... but I noticed that the tree in /f/NetBSD is just
> a source copy.. is there another place on freefall (or another location)
> that I can browse the cvs repository?  mainly for repository logs..

The NetBSD folks don't allow access to their repository.  Last I heard,
it was both politically and legally a problem to do that, given that
they're tree is (was?) still based on the old 4.4BSD Lite code, which is
arguably 'tainted'.  They've since converted their releases to use
Lite2, but by making their CVS tree public it could cause problems.

I can't speak with any authority though, since I lost access to the
NetBSD CVS tree around version 0.8, which was before FreeBSD 1.0 was
released. :) :) :)

Nate