Date:      08 Sep 1999 09:33:32 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        walton@nordicrecords.com
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Berkeley removes Advertising Clause

"Dave Walton" <walton@nordicrecords.com> writes:
> On 8 Sep 99, at 0:19, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > The "Claim Credit" clause, sometimes wrongly called
> > the advertising caluse by people who don't understand that it does
> > not invoke unless you try to claim credit for the code,
> I don't understand.  I don't see anything conditional about clause 3.
>  How is it that it only applies when you try to claim credit?

It only applies if you specifically mention the BSD-licensed code in
your advertising material. If, for instance, Microsoft printed
"Includes a command-line FTP client!" in Windows ads, they'd have to
add "This product includes software developed by the University of
California, Berkeley and its contributors.". But they don't, so it
doesn't apply.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no