Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:18:06 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com
Subject:   Re: VM problem...

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:57:59AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> So as you can see I'm listing every entry that isn't writable.
+> This function is called when process is killed by kernel with SIGBUS.
+> It shows me that only this region isn't writable:
+>=20
+> 	ENTRY:<PID>: 0-0xbfc00000 (0:0)

Of course it isn't it. I've changed all map entries protection to
VM_PROT_ALL and now on SIGBUS (in trapsignal()) every listed entry
got protection =3D VM_PROT_ALL and max_protection =3D VM_PROT_ALL.
So what the hell is going on here?:S

I'm not a VM expert so please help me to track this down. I'm trying
real hard to made this by myself for a week now.

Is there posibility that there is some map entry that isn't on process
p->p_vmspace->vm_map? Maybe some shared entry not connected with his
map, but which should be accessable for this process?

If trap is generated, because of illegal access nothing is changed
with map entries before trapsignal() is called?

I'm really confused, so if someone could find few minutes, hour or short
day:) to help me track this down, I'll be really grateful.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel@dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://cerber.sourceforge.net