Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:45:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading from Linux, 2 Q's

Nothing major, I use FreeBSD at work, so I'm already familiar with most of
what I need to know.

1)  Can FreeBSD ppp interoperate with Win95 ppp?  I know that MS did some
nonstandard things that cause problems (regarding negotiating the DNS, I
believe, not a bad thing if done in a backwards compatible way), and that
only the 2.2.X branch of Linux's ppp will work.  Oh, this is for dialing
into a FreeBSD machine on the internet, not the other way around, which
would be a sick and disgusting concept anyway :-)

2)  Can FreeBSD work on a drive set up using LBA?  The motherboard/bios
would be handling the translation.  Not a critical issue, but I want to
set up 2 255M partitions, and that plus root won't fit below 1024 without
LBA.  I wouldn't expect there to be a problem, except possibly reading
the partition table.

Thanks for any info.