Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:28:04 +0200
From:      David Ramahefason <rama@easynet.fr>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org, FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DPT Install big problem

Hi,

We have a 3334UW plus a 7 slot DPT cabinet with hot plus HD.
The dptmgr create all the array without any problem...
But when we start to install FreeBSD, the card hangs during
the filesystem creation.... with LED 1 on...
I've called DPT to have some advice... but the only thing
they told me was to lower the xfer rate on the SCSI bios.
I've lowered it to 5Mhz.. it didn't change anything.
We've tryied to install Redhat, and it worked...
Do we have to do special things to have the DPT system
working under FreeBSD (which is want we really want)

Thanks
--
/David Ramahefason	Administrateur Systeme/Reseau/
/rama@easynet.fr	Easynet France SA            /