Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:49:52 -0800
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        Niklas Saers <berenmls@saers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel

Niklas Saers writes:
    After having cvsuped today (3.0-current), I tried recopiling
    my kernel which had compiled just fine earlier today with the
    3.0-release sources.  However, upon doing a "make depend" I got
    loads of unrefferenced pointers at the aic7xxx-files.

I encountered the same problem -- apparently, something in the kernel
build tool chain has changed semi-recently.  I had to "make world"
before I could build a new kernel -- re-config-ing, even with a new
config, didn't cut it.