Date:      5 Mar 1998 05:38:53 -0000
From:      mark thompson <thompson@squirrel.tgsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   skip problems

I tried installing 'skip' from the ports and my system crashed very
shortly after the driver was loaded on reboot.

Several possibilities come to mind, I am hoping one of you kind experts
could help me guess which it is:

1) I am running 2.2.5-RELEASE, and the port does not apply to that
2) I have ddp installed in the kernel, and it conflicts
3) I am just very unlucky, and it really should have worked.

If it is *supposed* to work, i can spend a bit of time trying to find
out why it doesn't.

-mark