Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:33:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
To:        "James C. Durham" <durham@sludge.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh dropping connections/sendmail IP

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, James C. Durham wrote:

> Also, I'm having problems sending mail from sendmail on my local
> machine because the IP gets translated to something that doesn't
> resolve at the ISP's firewall. This means I can't send to

	I'm assuming that sendmail responds with a 451 error:
		...sender domain must resolve...

	Sendmail has the capability to do this.  You just have to build a
	sendmail cf file to relay/masquerade your mail off of another
	server that has an actual reverse lookup.

Nick Rogness		     Shaw's Principle:
System Administrator	       Build a system that even a fool
RapidNet, INC   	       can use, and only a fool will
nick@rapidnet.com	       want to use it.