Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:48:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Replacement for intel ISP1100 on FBSD 4.5?

> If you don't mind putting your own boxes together (or going through a
> reseller that does), I"m finding the SBC2 Intel boards (aka, Coos Bay) are
> working fairly well.  F2 does work over serial; comes with dual nic built
> in; running headless.  Our configuration is 2U but half-depth.

yah, thats what intel wants to put in the sr1200 and sr2100

they get as much for sbc2 motherboard (with no chip,ran,hd) as others get
for full 1u rack computer.

> Only problem with PC hardware is that once you find something like, they
> discontinue it :-/.
I was having trouble finding PIII 850's fo rit anyway

I like how they always tell me its for my own good, and runs windows just
fine (does ANYTHING run windows just fine?)

--
Michael Scheidell
SECNAP Network Security, LLC