Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:56:51 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

I am a newbie and that's not going to change for quite a while. For many
reasons I want to talk to other newbies in a newbie environment.

It's hard to explain my reasons and you'll probably find this hard to
understand, but I ask you for the moment just to accept that the need might
be felt to exist, at least for some people. Freebsd-questions is good and
useful, and so is the FAQ etc, but there's still something missing.

I've never had a great deal of success with the mailing list search (I tend
to get the questions but not the answers), but found the topic of a mailing
list for newbies raised briefly last October, and some reference to previous
discussions which were not visible.

I have a lot of ideas about what I'd like to see, but most great ideas
to date have turned out to be crap in the light of further information.
Could someone please summarise the argument against a mailing list for
newbies before I either press for one to be created or do it myself.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more