Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:29:27 +0300
From:      "Pavel Chizhov" <chizhic@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Segmentation faults

Hello!
I've obtained a problem trying to execute some large programs (e.g. GAMESS,
quantum chemistry calculation program) after compiling. Every process have been
kicked out after beginnig of execution because of segmentation fault. I've
obtained it as for C modules (borh cc and gcc compilers were used) as for
Fortran modules (both g77 and f2c/gcc compilations were tryed).
My RAM is 1152Mb and swap is 1000Mb. Should I increase the kernel address space
(now NKPDE is 254 - I have an SMP kernel) to solve this problem, or, maybe,
linked sources while compiling with some libraries?
                     With best wishes
                                       P.Chizhov