Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 17:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Red Wolfe <redwolf3@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Installation

Yes, what you want to do can be done.  I'm not enough of an install guru
to tell you exactly what steps you need to take, but check out
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.txt.  Also, Greg Lehey's book THE
COMPLETE FREEBSD is quite helpful.  It can be ordered from Walnut Creek
CD-ROMs, http://www.cdrom.com.  Good luck, and have fun.

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Red Wolfe wrote:

> I want to install Freebsd on my system.  I have a P166 which I will be
> upgrading to K6 233 MHZ w/MMX within the month.  I need to know, Can I
> have it simply boot to a different drive rather than needing to
> partition my C drive.  I currently have two drives, a 2.1 Gig C drive,
> and a 4 Gig D/E drive that have been divided into two with fdisk.  Is it
> possible to not harm Windows95/dos 6.22/ windows3.1?  I have System
> commander but not a lot of money.  I need something that is either
> preferably shareware or a way to install it to one of the 2 partitioned
> sections of my 4 gigger.  I have hardly anything on those two partitions
> so I would not have a problem, but the information on my C drive is far
> to valuable to just have "written over".  Any help you could give me
> would be great, I really want to try unix and see if it's for me and any
> help would definately be appreciated.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."