Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:06:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Tim Katz" <tim_katz@excite.com>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Desktop Integration of OpenOffice 2.0.1 for FreeBSD

Hello,

I recently installed OO 2.0.1 via the package downloadable from;
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/2.0.1/FreeBSD6

As you can see from the above, I installed it on FreeBSD 6.0.  Anywy, my question is as follows:  I see that several Linux distro's have desktop integration packages available.  Is there an ETA for OO 2.0.x desktop integration availability?

I can handle hacking the .desktop files, which have the wrong executable names, and making my own KDE/Gnome menu groups and items, but it's kind of a pain trying to find the right icons, which look okay when viewed at an extremely small size, as they appear on either the K-Menu or the Gnome menu.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards,
Tim

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com