Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:06:09 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: e-mail: howto?

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 07:52:28PM +0200, GDB wrote:
> I added the DS line. I installed cucipop. Then I started netscape. I noticed
> I can specify a POP and
> SMTP server in Netscape. I am wondering if it was really necessary to
> install cucipop.
> What do you think?

If you use netscape as your mail client, you probably don't need all
this.

However, if you use some other mail client that does *not* support
SMTP/POP you definitely need it.

The one client that comes to mind is 'mutt'. Check it out - although
it's not X11-based it has some features you cannot find elsewhere.

Oh, just one more thing: mutt does not do filtering (yes, I know
netscape does). You need 'procmail' for that. Sounds complicated,
but it really isn't.

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27