Date:      Sun, 19 May 2013 21:03:24 +0000
From:      "Chou, David J" <david.j.chou@intel.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to get kernel source code of free-BSD release 9.1

Hi,

I  have created a virtual machine of PC-BSD release 9.1 64 bit in VMware Pl=
ayer Version 5.0.0 build-812388 based on PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso downloaded fr=
om ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/9.1/amd64/PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso , and set=
up network configuration and installed Firefox 20.0 by AppCafe, and configu=
red the network setting in Preference->Advanced of Firefox, and I could  ac=
cess Internet.

Now I need to build my own customized kernel, but there is no src subdirect=
ory in /usr, so here is my question:

  1.  Is there any way to install kernel source when I create the  virtual =
machine from PCBSD9.1-x64-DVD.iso ?
  2.  Any BKM to get the kernel source after the Virtual Machine already cr=
eated as my case now?

Thanks!

Regards,
David