Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:00:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /var/run ownership

On an old 2.2.2 system the perms for /var/run are set to
drwxr-xr-x  3 bin     bin       512 Mar 29 02:03 run
Sendmail does not seem to be writing the pid to /var/run and I'm wondering
if it's because the perms are set like that. On my more recent versions of
FreeBSD  3.4-Stable, the perms are root.wheel. Was there a change in the
who owns this at some point? Just trying to figure out why sendmail isn't
writing a pid.

Keith