Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:27:47 -0700
From:      "Ptacek, Chris" <Ptacek@pwrh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.1-RELEASE install hangs

I am trying to install the 3.1-RELEASE fromt the primary site.  When I get
to the screen where the files
 are being downloaded the install hangs.  Sometimes I get no data, sometimes
I get through a couple
chunks.  The machine is still responding to pings that I am sending it and
my connection to the ftp server
is ok ( I can ftp from another machine and was ftping the install disks
earlier today on that machine).  I do
get connected to the server but data just stops being received.  Any ideas?

  Thanks,
     Chris