Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:45:05 +0100
From:      Keith Jones <keith@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de0: abnormal interrupt: receive process stopped

On Sun, Aug 24, 1997 at 12:56:01AM +0200, Michael Beckmann wrote:

> de0: abnormal interrupt: receive process stopped
>
> I have this message on one server in dmesg since a few days. Has anyone
> else seen this before ? I've exchanged the Ethernet card (SMC Etherpower
> 10) with a new one already, it didn't help. This never occurred before with
> the same card. Is something going wrong with the mainboard ? I'm running
> 2.2-RELENG.

I'm getting the same on bootup (running 2.1-STABLE on a Pentium Pro 200, also
with a SMC Etherpower card). On our P133 with the same Ethernet card and OS,
this doesn't occur, on bootup or at any other time.

The mainboard on our Pentium Pro 200 is an ASUSTek P6NP5 - if anyone is
aware of any problems with this mainboard and SMC Etherpower cards, please
let me know, either here or by email.

Keith
--
v Keith Jones                 Systems Manager, Blueberry New Media Ltd. v
| Postal Mail: 2/10 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, LONDON, UK. SW10 0XD |