Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:38:28 -0800
From:      Justin Kittzman <asmodeus@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   32Bit PCcard Problem

Hi, I was reading through the mailing lists and I noticed that there
were
a few people with a similar problem that I have been having but that
there was no resolve for it.

I am running fbsd 4.2 -current on my Thinkpad 380XD P233 with 64M Ram. I

have checked to make sure that my laptop supports these cards and the
machine itself does.  And 2 of the cards I have tried worked in windows
on the same machine.
I can't seem to get any 32bit pccards to work in it. I Have tried 3
different cards that were all supported in pccard.conf and they all do
the same thing.
Dmesg says pccardd[50]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")
and pccardc dumpcis says:

Configuration data for card in slot 1
Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0

This is the case for every 32 bit card I have tried. All the others seem

to work fine... I was impressed at even the most obscure modems for
apple laptops working just fine, but when it comes to the 32bit cards it

just doesnt work.

I have tried cvsuping to -current and -stable kernel, but neither of
them seem to make any difference.

I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right
direction
of how to find out how to get these cards working, Thanks
Please Email me at asmodeus@softhome.net if you have any solutions.