Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 22:40:22 -0700
From:      UCTC Sysadmin <support@transbay.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB ports replacing legacy ports on new machines

I thought USB's speed limit was 400kbps. I can't see using USB for ethernet or disk.
From what I've read, Firewire is the better solution of the two. Way better throughput.
I have recently seen a hard drive with a firewire interface, FWIW.

If I read industry standard practice correctly from the retail point of view,
USB will be pumped up and sold out until the next "wonderful bus", a.k.a.
Firewire, is "discovered". It's only money.