Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:46:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DVDROM support on ThinkPad 770?

Hi,

I've searched the mail list archives but found no answer to the following
question:

Does anyone know if the DVDROM available for the IBM ThinkPad 770 is
supported in FreeBSD?  Will it be recognized as a normal ATAPI CDROM
device in FreeBSD if there is a normal CDROM inserted in the reader?  I'm
trying to decide if I should get the normal CDROM reader or the DVDROM
reader with the machine.

Thanks for your help,

Tom