Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:05:56 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd sometimes hangs the whole system?

--nextPart1233824.19YcUT9GPk

[ Removing -stable from CC ]

On Monday 19 February 2007 15:57, Alex Povolotsky wrote:
> mpd (fresh) on FreeBSD 6.1p12 sometimes hangs system, totally, to
> reset. Tried two completely different boxes, so it cannot be a hardware
> problem.
>
> I'm updating to 6.2 now, but have little hope. What can I turn on in
> kernel to fix it or at least to make computer reboot?

How do you figure it's mpd related?  Did you collect *any* debugging=20
information at all?  How about enabling DDB and WITNESS?  A "hanging"=20
system usually suggests a deadlock.  WITNESS should turn up possible=20
causes.  Also, could you check if setting debug.mpsafenet=3D0 in=20
loader.conf helps?

=2D-=20