Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:02:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Simon Epsteyn <seva@fnal.gov>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@linuxcare.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Chris Yeoh <cyeoh@linuxcare.com.au>, Anton Blanchard <anton@linuxcare.com>
Subject:   Re: AiroNet 'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")' problem (4.2-STABLE)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Tuesday,  6 February 2001 at 13:12:15 -0600, Simon Epsteyn wrote:

> >> Hmm.  It's a pity Linux doesn't give more information about the ID
> >> strings.  About the only obvious thing identifying the card is the MAC
> >> address, and it's nothing like the ones I have here:
> >
> > One could say "It's a pity this card doesn't work in FreeBSD" :)
>
> But only if it doesn't.  I was trying to find out what kind of card
> this was.

I have 2, AiroNet 4800 and now Cisco AiroNet 340 (342)

> >> ray0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> >>         ether 00:00:f1:10:f9:9f
> >>
> >> They could be lookalikes, of course.  Is there a way to display the
> >> CIS strings?
> >
> > I am not sure what you mean, I have a AiroNet card (an(4) driver),
> > what is ray0 and how does that apply do me?
>
> ray0 is the subject on which this thread started.  I don't know the
> card, and I thought it might be a lookalike, since you responded to
> this thread.

Huh? No it's not, take a look at the subject and archives from last month. I
started this thread about a month ago asking for help with my AiroNet card.

Anyhow, yes I do have those lines in pccard.conf, they won't help either way
since I get a 'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")' message when I
insert the card, and I think we've narrowed it down to a resource conflict.

/Simon