Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2014 02:09:26 +0200
From:      ddddd dddd <sin_jen@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Language in FreeBSD

Hello. I am trying to change FreeBSD to Norwegian. Setting :lang in ~/.logi=
n_conf didn't work. Also=2C I don't know how much of FreeBSD is actually tr=
anslated=2C if any. So if I can't get that to work=2C getting Norwegian let=
ters working will be enough. When I installed=2C I selected Norwegian ISO k=
eyboard map=2C Norwegian with code page 850 weren't available. However the =
extra Norwegian letters aren't working in csh=2C sh or vi=2C they show up a=
s "\330" or something similar=2C at least in csh (I could give all details =
of how each program handle the keys if that will help).=0A=
=0A=
I'm able to use the letters almost correctly in ee and the login-screen. Th=
e "=E5" and "=E6" looks ok=2C but there's still problems there too when usi=
ng ttyv: =0A=
-The "=F8" looks like an "o"=2C this might be a bug with the fonts in FreeB=
SD=2C because it still looks like an "o" in all the fonts I have tried=2C e=
ven when changing the ttyv from text mode to graphics mode with vidcontrol.=
 I know it's not an actual "o"=2C because I can't log in as root by typing =
r=F8=F8t=2C even if it looks identical on the screen.=0A=
=0A=
-I can't use combining accents=2C when I write "=B4" =2C it is shown immedi=
ately and I can't combine it with letters. =0A=
=0A=
Neither of these two problems are there when running ee in xterm=2C but xte=
rm still has the identical problem with csh=2C sh and vi not accepting the =
extra letters. Also=2C the Euro sign is not working in ttyv or xterm. I hav=
e none problem at all in Firefox=2C both the letters and Euro sign is worki=
ng.=0A=
=0A=
Does anyone know what to do?=0A=
 		 	   		  =