Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 20:03:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What gives here folks?

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Ok, now I should be able to build these things, right?  First has to be the
> X11 distribution, since I didn't load it originally.  So now I do this:
>
> cd x11
> make XFree86
>
> And, after a few hours of grabbing the files from all over tarnation, the
> checksums pass (whew!), it asks me which servers to build and then:
>
> rm -f AuGetBest.c
> ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuGetBest.c AuGetBest.c
> rm -f AuFileName.c
> ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuFileName.c AuFileName.c
> rm -f AuRead.c
> ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuRead.c AuRead.c
> rm -f Wrap.h
> ln -s ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wrap.h Wrap.h
> rm -f Wrap.c
> ln -s ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wrap.c Wrap.c
> make: don't know how to make ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wraphelp.c. Stop
> *** Error code 2

[deleted]

> There's files missing in the distribution?!  Now what?

If you read the messages carefully when prompted for servers etc, you'll
notice at some point it mentions about the lack of this file due to laws
regarding the distribution of crypto.

If you didn't have a robot at your email return address advising that
you're too busy to read your mail, I'd have sent info on how to acquire
this in seperate cover ;)

regards
kim

--