Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 1996 20:52:25 -0700 ()
From:      Scott Burris <scott@cns.ucla.edu>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS PnP and 2.1.5-RELEASE

On Sat, 7 Sep 1996 14:42:40 -0700 Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
wrote:

> Does the GUS PnP work with that version?  If so, do I have to configure
> it under DOS?  (That's kinda difficult, I don't have DOS ;).)  I know
> that there is some code for -current, but that's not what I'm running ;).

Check on rah.star-gate.com for Amancio's GUS PnP patches.  You
replace the entire /sys/i386/isa/sound directory and build a new
kernel.  Works like a charm.  All the right stuff happens and
there's none of this initializing it under DOS bogosity.

There are several versions of patches, some work under 2.1.5
and some under current.  The only problem I've had is that it
detects the wrong amount of memory installed on the board (I have
2.5M and it detects 1M).  I used to run this under 2.1.5 and I'm
now using the GUS PnP under 2.2-080196-SNAP.

Scott
Scott Burris
UCLA Campus Network Services
scott@cns.ucla.edu