Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 21:25:34 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Greg <excalibr@avalon.net>, www@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad ports

On Thursday 09 August 2001 18:27, Greg wrote:
> What I am used to I guess is when I click the Download link under a port I
> expect to download the port.

I think that I speak for many of us here when I say that I have no idea what
you are talking about when you discuss "clicking" on a "port".

The conventional way to build a port is cd /usr/ports/catagory/port
and then do a
make
or
make download
or whatever.

Do you mean that if you "make download" it's not downloading?

Or are you using some special client application to install ports?
If so, details of what application you are using to view the ports would be
enlightening.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)