Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:36:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sanity regained -- back with the best

I should have known, I should have known.  What was I thinking?

After trying running a Windows-only box for a while, and then making a brief
foray into RedHat 6.0, I'm finally back where I belong.  I must have been out
of my mind.  Had to be.

Feels so good to be back with FreeBSD.  I cannot believe the difference between
it and Linux.  Linux's multitasking can't hold a candle to FreeBSD's.  No sir,
no way, no how.  Tried playing MP3s under Linux on this 166 MHz box; choppy,
choppy, choppy.  Under FreeBSD, smooth as butter.  Simply no comparison.  And
the RPM system doesn't even come close, IMHO, to matching FreeBSD's
ports/packages system.  Everything in FreeBSD just feels better, what can I say?

I must plead temporary insanity for ever quitting FreeBSD.  Luckily, I came to
my senses in a relatively short time (only about a month or so).

I guess it was just something I had to do at the time, but now I can't even
remember why.  Nuts.

Please excuse my dalliances.  Won't happen again.  :-)

Conrad, the prodigal son returning

E-Mail: Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>