Date:      Mon, 08 May 1995 12:30:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Detecting the ft driver..

I've never used a floppy tape under FreeBSD and am about to assume
that if I can open /dev/ft0, a floppy tape exists (I won't use it
directly as I know about the necessity of ft, but I just want to be
able to "probe" it this way).

Any reasons why this won't work?  If so, can anyone suggest an
alternative method?  Please don't suggest lsdev as I'm not ready to
rely on that quite yet - I'm going to do it the brute-force way for
2.0.5 and leave the fancier methods for when I have more time to play
with all of it.

					Jordan