Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:59:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      didier@omnix.fr.org
To:        Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using Adaptec 2940 & ASUS '486 boards?

Didier Derny            | My computer is Microsoft Free...
didier@omnix.fr.org     | FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site

I'm using an ASUS PVI486-SP3 mother board with a 5x86, and Adaptec 2940 board
without any problem.

I've a bios 1.10 on the adaptec board

according to the AMD datasheet the 486-100 and the 5x86 are quite similar