Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:18:21 -0700
From:      Fred Boatwright <fred@blakemfg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg Problems

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up X similar to a previous posting.  I have
a new 8.0 installation.

Using the Handbook chapter suggested below I waas able to generate and
edit an xorg.conf file.  It tests ok.  I generated a .xinitrc file based
on an example in the Handbook.  When a user runs startx the screen
completely blanks out.  It is possible to return to the command line
prompt with ctrl-alt-F1 and then ^c.  No errors are listed.  Where would
I look for the problem?

Best regards,
Fred