Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:39:32 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mikhail T. <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: improving devel/m4

On Sep 12, 2005, at 22:58 , Mikhail T. wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'd like to commit the patch below to teach gm4 to use our own
> getopt(), getopt_long, and gnu/regex.h instead of compiling its
> warning-prone own.

I'll certainly look at this, but not until 6.0-RELEASE is out the
door.  Any changes to core ports, such as this one, will not happen
until that has happened.

I suggest in the meantime you file a PR and assign it to me, this way
it will not get lost.

I'm not entirely sure why you cc'd gnome@ on this.  devel/m4 has
consumer ports well beyond the scope of the GNOME subsystem.

-aDe