Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:07:32 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.org" <current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

--v7CWsE/Dy737oYst

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:52:19PM +0000, Teske, Devin wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I have just committed (r253305) a change the make pkg_install not being=
 built
> > and installed by default on HEAD.
> >=20
> > If you are still relying on it, be careful and add WITH_PKGTOOLS=3Dyes =
in your
> > src.conf(5)
>=20
> I think while a good move, we need to allow a window of development to re=
-work other HEAD components.
>=20
> It might also be worth developing a lint-tool to make sure we get every l=
ast instance (both from C code and sh code) within our base before we motio=
n to cut a release with this change.
>=20
> I for one am effected and will have to change things.

If you are referring to bsdconfig's package management, it is not working a=
nyway
HEAD as we do not and will not provides any pkg_install for HEAD via any of=
 the
usual distribution process: http, ftp, CD.

Secondly if I'm properly reading src.conf.5 bsdconfig is not installed by
default, which means we have a non default code depending on a now non defa=
ult
code, I don't see a problem here, should I?

regards,
Bapt

--v7CWsE/Dy737oYst

--v7CWsE/Dy737oYst--