Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:14:57 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        Rainer M Duffner <Rainer.Duffner@konstanz.netsurf.de>, "Maximiliano A. Eschoyez" <meschoyez@ubp.edu.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE

Hey, now I thin this one deserves a good position.

>I wonder anyway; all these South-American countries that are cronically
>'broke' would be 10000 times better served (pun intended) buy moving
>large parts of their IT-infrastructure to FreeBSD/Linux.

Technicaly, yes.

> How can your
>University afford all these NT/Win95 licenses, how can it afford the
>24-months HW-upgrades ?

Pretty simple. Mr. Gates offers NT-based stuff for free, sources included;
All SW developed using those sources become MS's property.

and about the HW upgrade, we simply don't upgrade. We run slow machines.

Now, though you may say that the Latin-American countries are broken, there
is always a way to buy new computer, specially when you want to build a new
mentality, product or tendency.

I mean that if the industry need some more ppl to work with NT, they just
give NT and the needed HW for free to Universities.

Pretty easy, isn't it ?