Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 22:32:05 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tar broken for large files?

I'd like to see tar v1.13.19+ just get put into the base system once and for
all. Just get it over and done. Set it and forget it.

Pax is just icing on the cake. Fix the main issue first.

Doing it this way at least puts it in the hands of the masses. We should
push for OpenSSL v0.9.6d and other tools to at least be as current as they
can be so we can at least start off on a good common ground.

If I have to donate a few dollars to FreeBSD or do community service just to
get somebody to update tar in the base system then so be it.

Ken