Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:10:02 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran?= Nilsson <goran.nilsson@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise SuperTrak EX12350 don't get detected under FreeBSD 6.2

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:35:09PM +0100, G=F6ran Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem getting my EX12350 Radicontroller to work under FreeBSD =
6.2.
> When i start the computer or rund a dmesg i can see that
> "mass storage raid ..no driver attached"
> For what i can see this card should be supported under FreeBSD 6.1, but
> could it be soo that the support is missing in 6.2? Any tips?
> Should i try to go for the 6.3 RC1. I really need this card up and runnin=
g,
> i run it as a RAID 6. I have tried this with just the generic kernel,
> So the most should be in there?
>=20
> Ideas, is most appriciating, coz im kinda stuck.
>=20

What makes you think this card is supported by FreeBSD 6.1?

As far as I can tell there is no driver for that card included with any
FreeBSD release.  If it was supported the driver would have been included in
GENERIC kernel, and if was supported in 6.1 it would have been in 6.2 also.

It is quite possible however that Promise provides their own FreeBSD driver
for that card.  If that is the case you should ask Promise which version(s)
of FreeBSD the driver supports and how to install it - or read their
documentation where such information can likely be found.

--=20
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013@student.uu.se