Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:09:53 -0500
From:      Jeremy Norris <ishmael27@home.com>
To:        Anton Voronin <anton@urc.ac.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HAVE_GTK and HAVE_GNOME

If I understand the knew USE_GTK/USE_GNOME parameters correctly, you shouldn't
need to define anything in /etc/make.conf to add gnome support to ports you're
building. HAVE_GTK/HAVE_GNOME are meant to be used within ports' Makefiles and
not defined in make.conf. If you want to disable optional gnome support within
ports, you should defined WITHOUT_GNOME.

Jeremy