Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:20:30 -0700
From:      John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com>
To:        Aleksander <aleek@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD booting freescale P1020wlan eval board, via u-boot?

On Apr 3, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Aleksander wrote:

> please attach some output, maybe I could help.
>=20
> The booke_init() function has a bug, which is not yet fixed in HEAD.
>=20
> Anyway, you need to use kernel image (not ubldr) either binary or elf =
(if elf, you need to jump with offset to __start function

objdump lists the entry point for the ELF as, C0001000.

So, I used the following u-boot command

tftp 1000 kernel-freebsd.bin

go 1000

With the presumption that the init code uses PC relative jumps/calls =
until the MMU is setup enough to resolve to the correct addresses of =
C0001000,
which is what NM reports as the entry point for __start.

The result is 'nothing' on the serial console output...

The thought there is that the kernel is not using my p1020wlan FDT file, =
but I did use the following:

options FDT_DTB_STATIC

Which I presume would statically link the FDT file into the kernel.

The Linux that I use can use an external FDT 'file' which is save in =
Flash memory. However, that requires the u-boot boot command to pass the =
FDT location.

Anyway, any clarifying notes would be helpful.

Thanks,
John Clark.