Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:27:39 -0700
From:      Albert Kinderman <albert.kinderman@email.csun.edu>
To:        Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP tar

Roman Katsnelson wrote:

> I am trying to install a port (pine) via FTP. In the Handbook, it says
> that if, once logged on and in the proper directory I give
>
> ftp> get pine.tar
>
> then it will tar up that directory and get it. However, all that happens
> (which I, being the cynic, expected anyway) is
>
> pine.tar is not a file or a directory

I just did it.  Everything was fine.  However, I did make the mistake of
trying to
get pine from the ports directory and got the pine.tar is not ... message [
should have been in ports/mail].  After changing to ports/mail, I typed
get pin.tar and got the pin.tar is not ...  message.  Be sure you are in the

correct directory and don't make any spelling mistakes.

Al
--
Albert Kinderman               California State University, Northridge
albert.kinderman@csun.edu             Department of Management Science