Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:09:12 -0700
From:      "Darren Martin" <darren@premier1.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   As is FreeBSD!

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BDE6DA.3658F320

I am becoming an internet service provider, and am looking for an =
all-in-one package that will handle all the standard internet =
serviced(HTTP, FTP, USENET,POP,SMTP)and even the selling dial-up =
internet access accounts to customers. I am also setting up a RealVideo =
Server and am wondering if there is any FreeBSD application that handles =
that as well.
What kind of hardware is most compatible with FreeBSD(CSU/DSU, Routers, =
etc). I am getting an ADSL line soon for my access company. We are also =
doing business web hosting and I am wondering about on-line commerce, =
and multiple domain-names.
Also, and this is a biggie...Can I install it alongside other operating =
systems so I can choose a dual-boot option. I have windows 98, and =
windows NT(for Studio Max, and other Graphic/Multimedia creation) and I =
would like to be able to use them too. I hope it doesn't reformat any =
part of my hard-drive on installation!
How does it compare to Linux as far as features, speed, and ease of use?

If you could recommend any FreeBSD applications that would help me do =
any or all of the things I have listed(If it's not already capable of =
them out "out of the box!"

Any help you could give me with these questions would be greatly =
appreciated.

Thank You,
Darren.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BDE6DA.3658F320

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am becoming an internet service =
provider, and=20
am looking for an all-in-one package that will handle all the standard =
internet=20
serviced(HTTP, FTP, USENET,POP,SMTP)and even the selling dial-up =
internet access=20
accounts to customers. I am also setting up a RealVideo Server and am =
wondering=20
if there is any FreeBSD application that handles that as =
well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>What kind of hardware is most =
compatible with=20
FreeBSD(CSU/DSU, Routers, etc). I am getting an ADSL line soon for my =
access=20
company. We are also doing business web hosting and I am wondering about =
on-line=20
commerce, and multiple domain-names.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Also, and this is a biggie...Can I =
install it=20
alongside other operating systems so I can choose a dual-boot option. I =
have=20
windows 98, and windows NT(for Studio Max, and other Graphic/Multimedia=20
creation) and I would like to be able to use them too. I hope it doesn't =

reformat any part of my hard-drive on installation!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>How does it compare to Linux as far =
as features,=20
speed, and ease of use?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you could recommend any FreeBSD applications that =
would=20
help me do any or all of the things I have listed(If it's not already =
capable of=20
them out &quot;out of the box!&quot;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Any help you could give me with these questions =
would be=20
greatly appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thank You,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Darren.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BDE6DA.3658F320--