Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 00:30:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        pgiffuni@biblioteca.campus.unal.edu.co (Pedro Giffuni)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please include Mail Handler

It seems that Pedro Giffuni said:
> MH is a public domain package developed by the RAND corporation that
> permits mail management with a shell. I knew of it because it is
> necesary for using XMH, and several operating systems like AIX include it.

I object strongly against this.

I  can't stand MH (and I'm  sure others can't stand  Elm or PINE)  so it is
really a matter of personal preference. Including it in the main base means
more code to maintain and force people to have it.

The argument  can be used  for any package other  than  Mail so its  why we
don't have one of them in the base code.

> The latest version I know, mh-6.8.tar.gz, also includes support for
> POP2-POP3 and IMAPD (if NNTP is present it can also be handled).

The latest is 6.8.3 and have been in ports for a long time.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Jan 14 20:23:45 MET 1996