Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:20:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FYI: RSA Donated to the public domain

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> http://www.rsasecurity.com/news/pr/000906-1.html
>
> RSA Security Releases RSA Encryption Algorithm into Public Domain

Ok, now I have a question.  Using STARTTLS with sendmail is obviously OK
for us, since sendmail got the export liscense.  However, AFAIK, qmail and
postfix have obtained no such permission.

So, can we put in the STARTTLS patches for those two MTAs into the ports
tree?  Since the actual encryption duties are handled by OpenSSL in both
cases, I suspect it's in the same boat as OpenSSH, US
export-wise.  However, I've never been clear on what boat OpenSSH is
actually in.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack